Student Blog

Introduction/Self Reflection

Hello everyone,

I’m Ed, and I’m thrilled to join you all for this summer course. I’m in my fourth year studying Health Information Science.

What is your preferred mode of remote communication?

For remote communication, I prefer using a mix of Zoom calls and text messaging.

What are your communication strengths and weaknesses?

I find that I communicate most effectively during live, interactive conversations, like those on Zoom or face-to-face. These settings help me articulate my thoughts better and facilitate the exchange of ideas. However, I struggle with virtual-only communication, especially when it comes to emails, as I have difficulty processing and sharing ideas through this format.

Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

I would say I am in between, I like my alone time but I do enjoy hanging out with the right people.

What time zone are you in? What time of day do you prefer doing academic work?

I am in the Pacific Time Zone (PST) and usually do my best academic work in the evenings or afternoons, and on the mornings of my days off, given that I also have a part time job.

When you are upset do you tend to share this with others or keep it to yourself?

When I’m upset, I prefer to keep it to myself.

What do you like and not like about group work?

I appreciate group work for its potential to broaden perspectives and develop ideas collaboratively. On the other hand, I dislike how group projects often lead to an uneven distribution of tasks, with some members doing more than others.

What else would you like your team to know?

I’m looking forward to starting the course and working with all of you!